Worship with Us Online
WAYS to GIVE
"God loves a cheerful giver."
In place of our regular collection, feel free to mail a check to our offices
1004 W. Main St
Mitchell, IN 47446
Join the Discussion
Do you have any prayer requests, announcements, or questions? Feel free to contact us through the form below!
Dear Church Family –
We want to take just a moment to share some exciting news. We are very close to once again meeting
together for worship. Barring some unforeseen circumstance, our first day for in-person worship will be
Sunday, June 21st. What an awesome Father’s Day it will be!
We have finalized the plan on how the worship services will look like and what it all entails. The final
preparations are moving forward and we want to highlight just a few things here:
1. We will be meeting in the FLC, as opposed to the main sanctuary, for the immediate future. We
will adhere to social distancing guidelines and will have groups of chairs set up throughout the
FLC to accomplish this. We would ask that you sit with members of your immediate household.
2. We plan on having a supply of face masks available. They will not be required, but we also want
you to feel like it is perfectly OK to wear one. If you wish to wear a mask and have masks of
your own, we would encourage you to bring your own. If you do not have a mask, but wish to
wear one, we should have them available.
3. We will have multiple hand sanitizer stations around the FLC.
4. We will be utilizing one entry point – the main front doors of the FLC. If you have a key, please
do not utilize the other entrances. We will have one or two volunteers (wearing masks) at the
front doors to open them for everyone, in an attempt to keep multiple people from touching
the same surfaces.
5. Individual communion serving kits have been ordered. We will be utilizing them during our
worship. We will have 3 or 4 masked communion servers, who will pass out the kits to each
person. This will avoid passing emblems around and will avoid people congregating in close
proximity while walking to get the communion.
6. We strongly discourage handshakes, hugs, and other personal contact. Obviously, this will be a
huge shift in what usually occurs on Sunday mornings, but it is necessary to follow CDC
guidelines. Please respect each other’s personal space.
7. Over the next two weeks, a deep clean/sanitation of the facility will be taking place. We need
volunteers...During the week of June 7th-13th, the focus will be on the chairs in the FLC. Daniel
and Bill will need some help going through the chairs, getting ones that need work separated,
cleaning them, and getting them set up for use. During the week of June 14th-20th, other
cleaning of the FLC (bathrooms, floors, surfaces, etc.) will be completed. Volunteers will be
needed for these two weeks. Please contact Darla if you are able to help.
8. If you are not comfortable venturing out and being in a setting such as worship yet, then please
do not feel pressured to be there. We understand!
Some additional information you may be wondering:
1. We will not be renting out the FLC for use until the entire COVID-19 situation is completely over.
2. AA and Al-Anon will be able to start using the facilities beginning June 20th. However, they will
be directed to confine their activities to the area immediately around their classroom and
bathrooms in that area.
3. There will be no Wednesday night or Sunday morning classes for the immediate future.
4. Teens will be able to meet, at Daniel’s direction, in outside settings.
5. Life groups can begin meeting June 21st, at the discretion of the individual groups. We would
encourage social distancing and a strong consideration of outside meetings for now.
We have tried our hardest to balance our strong desire for in-person worship with the best health and
safety practices of all attendees. We have probably not gotten everything perfect, but please know we
have tried. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact any of us.
We love you all and can’t wait to see you.
May God bless you all!
The Elders of Mitchell Church of Christ.
Plans for Reopening
Recipe for Communion Bread
FLOUR - 1 cup
OIL - 3 tablespoons
SALT - 1/2 teaspoon
COLD WATER - about 3 tablespoons
Roll out, score into squares, and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes